Montreal is a unique city which combines French, Canadian and even American traditions and values. Its a small city so most of the time we took bike rides to our destinations or walked which we preferred to do more as every area has its unique taste which definitely differs per area.
Here are my must do’s for your next trip to Montreal:
- Mount Royal: “A small mountain on the west side of Montreal which has fantastic views of and tremendous hiking/biking paths. The name its self also translates to Montreal.”
- Old Port: “Old Port is an extremely historic area which can date back to 1611! When I went, I had the opportunity to Zip Line next to the St Lawrence River as well as visit local vendors who have had shops there for many many years.”
- Underground City: “Although the name itself can be somewhat misleading (it’s not an actual city), if you are looking for great shopping and quick food from many different nationalities than this is your place! Its located in the central business district which is an easy walk or subway ride from any point in the city and is underground.”
- Marie Reine Du Monde & Notre Dame Basilicas: “Amazing architecture from both. Each are filled with rich paintings and sculptures. A must see for history buffs.”
- Parks!: “Montreal is filled with beautiful parks You can go to literally any park in the city at anytime of day or night and there will be something happening. From my experience, it was mainly live music and food.”
One last tip – if you visit during the summer, Friday and Saturdays nights are fantastic because the city closes some of its main streets for vendors, musicians, movies, dances, mini golf, human size chess and of course food! Rue St. Catherine Street is definitely a must see during this time.
Keep following our stories and travel guides on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) and learn more about how we travel and where we stay. Then, tell us your own story using #WhereIStay for the chance to win big prizes, including a grand prizes of $500 in travel credits plus an exclusive travelers kit curated by the Stayful team. We’ll announce the winners on August 31.