Next up in our #WhereIStay series, Edgar from our product design team gives his must-do’s is southern California in San Diego. Check out his guide then don’t forget to share your own travel tips with us using #WhereIStay for the chance to win big prizes!
“Palm Trees, surfing, and 75 degree weather, what’s not to love about San Diego? To experience true Southern California beach culture, San Diego is the city to visit. The sea salt air and beautiful sunsets provide a perfect backdrop for a relaxing vacation. The city offers plenty to do and with places to eat, shop, and visit. Of course no trip would be complete without visiting the beach, I think that goes without saying! Soak up the sun and enjoy!
Here are my must do’s for your next trip to San Diego:
- Holsem Coffee: Start your day at here, trust me you won’t be sorry. Holsem Coffee is not your ordinary coffee shop, the unique handcrafted drinks are one of a kind! They have Nutella and Banana Bread cold brew or delicious lavender lattes to go with the delicious baked goods they offer! And if coffee is not your thing they have a variety of wine and beer on tap!
- San Diego Zoo: The San Diego Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the US. Located in Balboa Park, the zoo is home to over 3,000 animals and more than 600 species. The park is an all day adventure especially if you pack in the Safari Park! Hop on the Skyfari and get great view of the zoo and Balboa Park.
- Monello: Monello’s is a great place for fresh pasta, hand-cut prosciutto, and sweet vermouth on tap. The menu changes frequently, which provides great variety and on Wednesday nights the chef prepares a new risotto dish within a 40lb half wheel of Parmesan cheese! The restaurant offers a great deal on their patio from 4 to 7 pm, when you purchase a drink you receive three complimentary small bites to enjoy with your drink!
- Museums and more in Balboa Park: Balboa Park is a great place to take a stroll and have a variety of options. Walk down El Prado and you’ll find yourself surrounded by the San Diego Museum of Art, Mingei International Museum, or the Museum of Photographic Arts. If you want to find yourself in transported to a whimsical Desert Garden that are rumored to have inspired late San Diego based author Dr. Suess!
- Puesto: You cannot visit southern California and not enjoy some tacos! Puesto is a great place to grab some tacos and margaritas for those over age. They have taco Tuesdays and Taco Bar Saturday’s at this great little spot, you can’t go wrong with the taco trio or many options for guacamole.
- Waterfront Park: This historic landscape is a great outdoor space in the summer to go for a walk or take the kids. It has picnic areas and themed gardens, and is home to the farmers market! The park also has interactive fountains and splash areas that allow you to cool off on those hot summer days!